Self reflection: Barriers to disclosure
Opened: Sunday, 26 June 2016, 12:00 AM
Take some time to reflect on your own practice and consider the following questions:
- What key points in this section of the article stood out to you?
- What were the key personal reasons for men's struggles with disclosure?
- What were the key socio-cultural reasons for men's struggles with disclosure?
- Have you been aware through previous training and experience, of the importance of acknowledging socio-cultural factors and their impacts on people experiencing a range of issues, including sexual abuse?
- If not, how might this new awareness impact your practice with men who have experienced sexual abuse?
Record your thoughts below.
Return to Part one: Research evidence