Self reflection: Unhelpful myths about the sexual assault of men
Opened: Sunday, 26 June 2016, 12:00 AM
Take some time to reflect on your own practice and consider the following questions:
- Have you ever accepted some of the aforementioned myths? Which ones in particular?
- If so, how do you think you may have learned these beliefs?
- Thinking of the location in which you work, what observations would you make about the socio-cultural norms and beliefs held in the broader community regarding the aforementioned myths?
- Which of the myths mentioned do you think are most commonly held to be true in the community in which you work?
- Which of the myths mentioned do you feel would be the most difficult for you to challenge with a man who believed the myth/s? Why?
Record your thoughts below.
Return to Part one: Research evidence