Questions for reflection - "It happened to us: Men talk about child sexual abuse"
Opened: Wednesday, 27 September 2017, 12:00 AM
- What themes or main points stood out to you as you listened to men's experiences?
- What aspects of the effects of childhood sexual abuse on men were focused on in the Shatterboy video?
- Were there points that stood out to you regarding differences in the way men experienced, or spoke about, the effects of sexual abuse, compared to your broad understanding of 'women's' experiences of sexual abuse?
- What are your observations about the methodology through which men's experiences were presented by those who produced and disseminated the information in each video segment?
- What knowledge was confirmed for you about the effects of childhood sexual abuse on men?
- What new knowledge emerged for you?
- Was there anything that particularly challenged or confronted you, and what does this indicate to you in terms of your practice with men who have been sexually abused?
- How will what you just saw and heard inform your competence in working with men who have experienced sexual abuse?
- Is there anything in what you saw and read that you wish to discuss further with a colleague or supervisor?
- Is there anything in what you saw and read that triggered a reaction to your own personal experiences in relation to sexual abuse that you wish to discuss further with a therapeutic practitioner.