To be discussed and agreed upon by group participants:
- The group will start and finish on time. We make contact if we are running late or are unable to attend.
- We will be sober and able to participate when we attend group sessions.
- We will switch off our mobile phones. If it is necessary to leave a phone on, we will let group members know.
- We respect people's privacy.
- We recognise there are limits to confidentiality, and that facilitators have a responsibility to ensure people are safe.
- It’s ok to disagree - we respect difference.
- We will not use personal insults, sarcasm, or put downs.
- There is no such thing as a silly question.
- Everyone has the right to equal participation, and the right to 'pass'.
- Engaged listening is a valid contribution to the group; so is challenging yourself to say something that is difficult.
- We will not physically touch other group members unless there is express permission (whether this is a handshake, a pat on the back, or a hug).
- There is no expectation or pressure on group members to talk about abusive experiences. We will be sensitive to the impact on group members, and avoid excessive detail.
- It's ok to take a break.
- We will limit communication with other group members outside of group during our participation in the program.
- We will discuss any difficulties adhering to the group guidelines within the group.
Download the PDF file: Proposed group guidelines [ 126 Kb]
Download the Participant workbook [ 1438 Kb]
|Previous section: Awareness wheel||Foundations Manual home page||Next section: Pathways to well-being|
Last modified: Sunday, 29 July 2018, 10:53 AM